Biddenden Chiropractic (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operate the https://www.biddendenchiropractic.co.uk website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
All your Personal Data shall be held and used in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and national laws implementing GDPR and any legislation that replaces it in whole or in part and any other legislation relating to the protection of personal data. If you want to know what Personal Data we collect and hold about you, or to exercise any of your rights as set out below, please email us at; email@example.com
(1.1) While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but not be limited to:
● First Name
● Last Name
● Email Address
● Phone Number
● Postal Address
● Medical Information
● Cookies and Usage Data.
(1.2) You may provide us with information in a number of ways:
● By supplying us with the Information as listed above, on an individual basis or by registering to use our Services
● By corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
(1.3) We may use your Personal Data to contact you with, marketing or promotional material and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications, by contacting us directly.
(2.1) We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
(3.2) Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
● Session Cookies
● Preference Cookies
● Security Cookies.
Use of Data
(5.1) Biddenden Chiropractic uses the collected data for various purposes:
● To provide and maintain our Service
● To notify you about changes to our Service
● To provide customer support
● To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
● To monitor the usage of our Service
● To detect, prevent and address technical issues
● To provide you with general information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about.
Retention of Data
(6.2) Biddenden Chiropractic will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
(6.3) In certain circumstances, once we have deleted or anonymised your data, we may need to retain parts of it (for example, your email address), in order to comply with our obligations under GDPR or other legislation, or for fraud detection purposes.
Transfer of Data
(7.1) Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your country where the data protection laws may differ than those within your area. If you are located outside the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United Kingdom and process it there.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
(8.1) Under certain circumstances, Biddenden Chiropractic may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
(9.1) Biddenden Chiropractic may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith, belief, that such action is necessary to:
● To comply with a legal obligation
● To protect and defend the rights or property of Biddenden Chiropractic
● To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
● To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
● To protect against legal liability.
(9.2) Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in order to process your Personal Data are the following:
● Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your Personal Data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your Information to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency
● Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests – either we, or a third party, will need to process your Personal Data for the purposes of our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your Information protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, notifying of changes to our Service, optimising our website and user experience, informing you about related and relevant properties and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner
● Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your Personal Data in a particular way.
Security of Data
(10.1) The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
(11.1) Biddenden Chiropractic aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
● To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
● To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
● To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
● You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Biddenden Chiropractic. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it
● You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us at the email address set out above. You can exercise your rights free of charge. Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
(12.1) We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers” or “Data Processors”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
(13.1) We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
(13.2) Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy policies of Google, please visit the Google Policies page.
Trusted Third Parties
(14.1) In order to provide certain services, we will share your Personal Data with third party service providers. We will not share your Personal Data with any third party where it is not necessary to do so, or necessary to provide a service to you. Circumstances when Personal Data may be shared include;
● With CRM systems and IT infrastructure companies
● Email logistics / automation providers
● Website development, where we may need to provide website FTP access to our trusted development parties.
Links to Other Sites
(15.2) We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
(17.1) You may contact us by Telephone or Email, regarding issues you have relating to your privacy or the data we hold about you.
Enquiries should be directed to Carrie Olson (Data Controller).
Telephone: 07494 870 911
Making a Complaint
If you are unhappy about our use of your Information, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office using any of the below contact methods:
Telephone: 0303 123 11113